Quick Enchilada Sauce
Enough sauce to thoroughly cover 8 enchiladas in a 9x13 pan.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) All purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) New Mexico chile powder
- 8 ounce(s) Tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Water or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) Mexican mole powder or sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and chile powder, reduce heat to medium, and cook until lightly brown, stirring constantly to prevent burning flour.
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, onion, mole and salt into the flour and chili powder until smooth, and continue cooking over medium heat approximately 10 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by seraeads and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quick Enchilada Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments