The absolute best lemon curd I have ever tasted. And, so easy! We will NEVER buy jarred lemon curd again.
Quick and Easy Lemon Curd
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
We changed the mixing method of our favorite lemon curd, then cooked it in the microwave. The results? Buttery rich and smooth as silk, every time.
Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 6 lemons
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Step One: Grate zest from lemons to equal 2 Tbsp. Cut lemons in half; squeeze juice into a measuring cup to equal 1 cup.
- Step Two: Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Gradually add lemon juice to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition; stir in zest. (Mixture will look curdled.) Transfer to a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl.
- Step Three: Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals. Microwave, stirring at 30-second intervals, 1 to 2 more minutes or until mixture thickens, coats the back of a spoon, and starts to mound slightly when stirred.
- Step Four: Place heavy-duty plastic wrap directly on warm curd (to prevent a film from forming), and chill 4 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Stove-Top Method: Prepare as directed through Step 2, transferring mixture to a heavy 4-qt. saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 14 to 16 minutes. Proceed as directed in Step 4.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts