Quick Double-Cheese Grits
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 6 cups water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in grits. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until thickened. Remove from heat. Add shredded cheeses, butter, and pepper, stirring until blended. Serve immediately.
- Note: Grits may be chilled and reheated. Whisk 1/4 cup warm water into grits over medium-heat, adding more water as necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch