Quick Dirty Rice
Hands-on Time: 20 min., Total Time: 20 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (1-lb.) package ground pork sausage
- 2 (8.8-oz.) packages UNCLE BEN'S READY RICE Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1/2 (10-oz.) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell peppers, and celery
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Toppings: fresh parsley sprigs, hot sauce
- 1. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet using a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in skillet. Drain sausage on paper towels.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 3. Sauté frozen vegetables in hot drippings over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown. Add chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and sausage. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 2 Tbsp. parsley. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes