Quick Curried Beef
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add coriander, cumin, salt, and turmeric; sauté 1 minute.
- Add steak; sauté 6 minutes or until done. Add tomatoes, and reduce heat to low. Cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note