These tasted good but I say that with a caveat. By the time I was done with them, these raviolis were probably not light...at all. Similar to other reviewers, I had trouble getting the panko/cheese mixture to adhere to the raviolis and had a bunch left over wasted in the bowl. I had to keep adding extra olive oil in the pan so the raviolis wouldn't burn. It worked out well, they tasted nice and crunchy and the tomato sauce (I added arugula and garlic) was a nice pairing. Pretty simple, nothing fancy. Boyfriend loved it.
Quick Crisp Ravioli with Roasted Tomato Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Calcium: 159mg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh ravioli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups grape tomatoes, halved (about 2 pints)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons water and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well. Combine panko and cheese in a shallow dish, stirring well with a fork. Dip each ravioli in egg mixture; dredge in panko mixture.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of ravioli to pan in a single layer; sauté 1 minute on each side or until golden. Remove ravioli from pan using a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and ravioli. Wipe skillet with paper towels.
- 3. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Divide ravioli evenly among 4 plates; top each serving with 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note