This was very quick and easy to put together and very delicious. I added sharp cheddar cheese to my grits before topping with the creole shrimp. Very little leftovers- but we are greedy in my family. Love this! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Quick Creole Shrimp and Grits
Calories 411 (24% from fat); Fat 10.9g (sat 6g, mono 0.3g, poly 0.7g); Protein 34.6g; Carb 42.5g; Fiber 2.1g; Chol 221mg; Iron 5.9mg; Sodium 1,225mg; Calc 206mg
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2) can(s) petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 4 slice(s) cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound(s) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 2/3 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 2 cup(s) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon(s) light butter
- 3/4 cup(s) light cream cheese
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chopped pepper; saute 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, bacon, and Creole seasoning; cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Combine milk and broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in grits; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer; uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter and cream cheese until melted. Serve shrimp mixture over grits.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note