This was very quick and easy to put together and very delicious. I added sharp cheddar cheese to my grits before topping with the creole shrimp. Very little leftovers- but we are greedy in my family. Love this! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Quick Creole Shrimp and Grits
Community Recipe from
- cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2) can(s) petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 4 slice(s) cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound(s) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 2/3 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 2 cup(s) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon(s) light butter
- 3/4 cup(s) light cream cheese
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chopped pepper; saute 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, bacon, and Creole seasoning; cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Combine milk and broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in grits; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer; uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter and cream cheese until melted. Serve shrimp mixture over grits.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes