Quick Coq au Vin
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 piece(s) bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 drumsticks
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) leeks trimmed, julienned
- 8 ounce(s) whole button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) baby carrots
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge lightly in flour.
- Heat oil in a sauate pan pver medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides; remove. Pour off all but 1 T. drippings and return pan to heat.
- Saute leeks, carrots, and mushrooms for 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and garlic; saute 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Deglaze pan with wine and reduce for 3 minutes; add broth and thyme. Return browned chicken to pan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted, then season with salt and pepper. Remove and discard thyme spring.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note