Quick Coq au Vin
Same flavors but much quicker. Serve with Chive Mashed Potatoes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 piece(s) bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 drumsticks
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) leeks trimmed, julienned
- 8 ounce(s) whole button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) baby carrots
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge lightly in flour.
- Heat oil in a sauate pan pver medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides; remove. Pour off all but 1 T. drippings and return pan to heat.
- Saute leeks, carrots, and mushrooms for 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and garlic; saute 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Deglaze pan with wine and reduce for 3 minutes; add broth and thyme. Return browned chicken to pan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted, then season with salt and pepper. Remove and discard thyme spring.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note