For the amount of effort I wasn't incredibly impressed.
Quick Coq au Vin
Cooking uncovered over high heat, the liquid reduces and concentrates its flavors in a fraction of the time required for the traditional long-simmered dish.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 12.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 527mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups quartered cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 1/3 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices Canadian bacon
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Combine flour, thyme, and salt in a zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 8 minutes or until browned, turning frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add mushrooms, carrot, and bacon to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in wine, broth, and tomato paste; cook 9 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes