- 4 qt. water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package chopped fresh collard greens
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ENOVA Oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (3.5-oz.) bag SUCCESS Brown Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Garnish: 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Bring 4 qt. water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add 1 Tbsp. salt, and stir until dissolved. Add collard greens to Dutch oven, and cook 2 minutes or until wilted. Drain greens in colander; rinse with cold water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Whisk together chicken broth and flour; add to Dutch oven, and bring to a boil. Add cannellini beans, 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper, and collard greens. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and stir in rice and red pepper. Simmer, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until greens and rice are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle each serving with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.