I gotta say, I rarely hate a recipe/food, but I couldn't eat this.
Quick Collard Greens
These quick collard greens get their incredible flavor from chicken broth, chopped garlic, and crushed red pepper.
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 112
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 22.2g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 144mg
- Calcium: 288mg
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 11 cups tightly packed chopped fresh collard greens (about 4 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat 1/2 cup chicken broth in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add garlic, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add collard greens and remaining 1/2 cup broth; stir well. Cover and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in crushed red pepper and salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This