Quick Coconut-Pineapple Cake
Look for lemon curd on the jam and jelly aisle of your supermarket.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 (16-ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen flaked coconut, thawed
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig
- Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately; cool layers completely on wire racks.
- Combine preserves and lemon curd. Spread 3/4 cup filling between cake layers; spread remaining filling on top of cake. Spread frosting on sides of cake; gently press coconut evenly onto sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts