Quick Clam Chowder
This quick and easy clam choweder recipe uses canned clams and canned tomatoes and takes only about 20 minutes to cook.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 203
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can finely diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 (6.5 oz.) cans chopped clams, with liquid
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Crackers, optional
- Cook onion, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until tender, for about 6 minutes. Add potato and tomatoes, with their juice; add canful of water to pot. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, for about 6 minutes.
- Stir in clams, with their juice, and herbs and cook until heated through, for about 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note