Quick Chocolate Syrup Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) cold coffee filter cofee
- 1 cup(s) cold water
- 2/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanila
- 1 stick(s) butter 115 grams
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup(s) black rum optional
- Chocolate Syrup last 5 ingredients
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix by hand do not use a mixer or the vinegar and baking soda will not work,until well combined. Pour batter in a greased 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove and while still hot slice cake in baking pan and pour hot chocolate syrup. Let stand for 30min or until syrup has been absorbed and serve with icecream or whipped cream
- Cook butter, sugar and milk rapidly for 1 minute, stir constantly to keep from burning. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and beat until chips are melted.and if using rum add now. Pour on cake.
- NOTE: For a "doubly sinful" cake, do this:
- Allow the cake to cool, THEN, make a second batch of syrup and pour on top of the cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by georgia59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quick Chocolate Syrup Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings