Quick Chickpea Curry
- 2 can(s) (15 ounces each) no salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- chopped cilantro and lemon wedges (optional), for serving
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon (3 inches)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- ground cloves
- 3 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- In a large straight sided skillet, heat oil over medium high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until dark brown around edges, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, curry, cinnamon and pinch of cloves and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add chickpeas, ketchup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes. Uncover and increase heat to medium high; cook until sauce is slightly reduced, 5 minutes. Serve topped with cilantro, with lemon wedges alongside if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note