Quick Chickpea Curry
Everyday Food: The Light Issue Fiber rich, meatless, low sodium meal Serve with rice or whole wheat pitas.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 can(s) (15 ounces each) no salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- chopped cilantro and lemon wedges (optional), for serving
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon (3 inches)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- ground cloves
- 3 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- In a large straight sided skillet, heat oil over medium high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until dark brown around edges, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, curry, cinnamon and pinch of cloves and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add chickpeas, ketchup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes. Uncover and increase heat to medium high; cook until sauce is slightly reduced, 5 minutes. Serve topped with cilantro, with lemon wedges alongside if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note