- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion (about 6 oz.), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 oz.) red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (about 15 oz. each) white or yellow hominy (or one can of each color), rinsed and drained
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Lime wedges
- calories 362
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- protein 37 g
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 7 g
- sodium 1172 mg
- cholesterol 82 mg
How to Make It
In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine the garlic, onion, and salad oil. Cook, stirring often, over medium-high heat until the onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
While the onion cooks, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. When the onion has browned, add the chicken pieces, red chili sauce, oregano, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes.
Add hominy, reheat to simmering, and serve. Offer lettuce and lime wedges to add to taste.