I didn't care too much for the sauce, but the spices on the chicken was delicious!
Quick Chicken Piccata
More From Southern Living Cooking School
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12-ounce) package cooked noodles
- 1. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper; lightly dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 3. Cook half of chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Remove chicken to a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet, until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat; add butter and parsley, stirring until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken, and serve over warm noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes