I didn't care too much for the sauce, but the spices on the chicken was delicious!
Quick Chicken Piccata
More From Southern Living Cooking School
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12-ounce) package cooked noodles
- 1. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper; lightly dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 3. Cook half of chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Remove chicken to a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet, until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat; add butter and parsley, stirring until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken, and serve over warm noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note