This was delicious and a HUGE hit with my family who never tend to all agree on the same meal. The only reason I did not give it five stars was because it did not make enough sauce. I doubled the sauce recipe and even with that we all had to skimp on how much we put on the chicken. Next time I will triple the sauce recipe. Because I doubled the sauce, it was very thin, so I thickened it a bit with a tablespoon of flour mixed into some chicken broth. Adding just a touch of that made it the perfect consistency.
Quick Chicken Piccata
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound PILGRIM'S PRIDE Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12-oz.) package cooked noodles
- 1. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper; lightly dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 3. Cook half of chicken in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Remove chicken to a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 4. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet, until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat; add butter and parsley, stirring until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken, and serve over warm noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes