Quick Chicken Peanut Mole with Cilantro Rice
Boneless strips of chicken breasts and thighs are cooked up in a skillet with a creamy peanut butter, cocoa and cinnamon scented sauce and served over cilantro rice.
- CHICKEN PEANUT MOLE:
- CriscoÂ® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts and thighs, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 to 3 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1/4 cup JifÂ® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- CILANTRO RICE:
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups instant rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Smucker'sÂ® Orange Sugar Free Marmalade or Smucker'sÂ® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- CHICKEN PEANUT MOLE
1. SPRAY a large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook chicken until golden brown on all sides and cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet.
2. SPRAY skillet again with no-stick cooking spray. Add onion. Cook until softened. Add garlic. Cook an additional minute. Stir in broth, tomatoes, chili powder, peanut butter, cocoa and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. NOTE: Sauce may be pureed in the blender until smooth, if desired.
3. PLACE chicken in sauce, combining gently. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes to combine flavors. Serve over Cilantro Rice. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
1. BRING water to boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Add rice, cumin and salt. Let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Add marmalade and cilantro. Combine ingredients with fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quick Chicken Peanut Mole with Cilantro Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes