Very tasty. Yes, it took much longer to cook (not pounded thin enough?). I put in micro for 1&1/2 mins after well browned. Only used @1/3 of breadcrumb/parmesan mixture.
Quick Chicken Parmesan
More From Health
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 133mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 441mg
- Calcium: 316mg
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup preshredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1. Place chicken breasts flat sides down on a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Using a small saucepan or rolling pin, lightly pound breasts to about 1/3-inch thickness. Pat breasts dry with paper towel.
- 2. In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano. In another bowl, lightly beat egg and salt. Brush both sides of chicken breasts with egg, then lightly coat with crumb mixture.
- 3. Warm oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add chicken and cook about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top of chicken breasts in last minute of cooking. Transfer breasts to serving plates.
- 4. Meanwhile, warm marinara sauce in microwave or small saucepan for 1-2 minutes. Spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce over each breast. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note