Quick Chicken Noodle Bowls
Fresh lime juice adds extra bright flavor. Bringing the broth back to a boil before serving ensures the snap peas cook to a crisp-tender texture.
More From Southern Living
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 (9.5-oz.) package soba noodles or 8 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Toppings: thinly sliced sugar snap peas, fresh cilantro and mint leaves, thinly sliced green onions, thinly sliced red chile peppers
- 1. Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken, garlic, and ginger with a slotted spoon, reserving broth in saucepan. Discard garlic and ginger. Let chicken cool slightly (10 to 15 minutes); shred chicken.
- 2. Return broth to a boil over medium heat. Add noodles and soy sauce; cook, stirring to separate noodles, 4 to 5 minutes or until just softened. Remove noodles from broth using tongs, and divide among 6 bowls. Place chicken and desired toppings on noodles. Return broth to a boil over medium heat; remove from heat, and stir in lime juice. Divide broth among bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note