Tastes much harder than it was to fix. So easy and delicious!
Quick Chicken and Dumplings
One roasted whole chicken or six skinned and boned cooked chicken breast halves yield about 3 cups chopped meat.
More From Southern Living
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 (7.5-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Separate biscuits in half, forming 2 rounds; cut each round in half. Drop biscuit pieces, 1 at a time, into boiling mixture; stir gently. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.
- To lighten: Use reduced-sodium, reduced-fat cream of chicken soup; reduced-fat biscuits; and chopped, cooked chicken breast halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes