So incredibly easy to make and the pecans were a great addition. This was my first time making frosting rather than buying it from a can and it was too easy to ever go back! I spread this on chocolate sheet cake. I would definately make this again! Check out my blog at http://imapretendchef.blogspot.com
Quick Caramel Frosting
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
More From Southern Living
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture reaches a pudding-like thickness. Remove from heat.
- Quick Caramel-Pecan Frosting: Prepare Quick Caramel Frosting as directed; remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans.
- Quick Caramel-Coconut-Pecan Frosting: Prepare Quick Caramel Frosting as directed; stir in 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut and 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings