Delicious! I would have rated it a 5 if it were "quick", but for me it took about a half hour to get it to boil. After that it took 3-5 min to get to the "pudding-like" consistency. I used walnuts instead of pecans and toasted them in the oven with the baking cake. Toasting wonderfully enhanced the flavor and softened the nut just enough for the chopping and the bite.
Quick Caramel-Coconut-Pecan Frosting
More From Southern Living
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- Place all ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture reaches a pudding-like thickness. Remove from heat; stir in coconut and pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note