Really, really good! I would add more honey, though.
Quick Broiled Salmon with Vegetables
For a quick weeknight meal that's ready in 20 minutes, serve Quick Broiled Salmon with Vegetables. Try the simple and savory-sweet sauce drizzled over any variety of meaty fish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 (1/2-inch) pieces fresh ginger
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Place a jelly-roll pan in oven; preheat pan for 5 minutes. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Arrange fillets, skin sides down, on pan. Broil fish 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, bell pepper, onion, snow peas, and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a medium bowl. Arrange the bell pepper mixture on pan with fish; broil 3 minutes.
- 4. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Stir; let stand 5 minutes. Discard ginger pieces. Serve sauce with fish and vegetables.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note