- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 (1/2-inch) pieces fresh ginger
- calories 324
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 4 g
- protein 38 g
- carbohydrate 14.4 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 90 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 585 mg
- calcium 39 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Place a jelly-roll pan in oven; preheat pan for 5 minutes. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Arrange fillets, skin sides down, on pan. Broil fish 5 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, bell pepper, onion, snow peas, and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a medium bowl. Arrange the bell pepper mixture on pan with fish; broil 3 minutes.
Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Stir; let stand 5 minutes. Discard ginger pieces. Serve sauce with fish and vegetables.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.