Quick Breakfast Cake
This Quick Breakfast Cake will make you rethink breakfast. It's fast, doesn't require too many ingredients, and you probably have them all in your pantry already!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 22 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Vanilla Glaze (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Pour batter into a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan, and top with Streusel.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 20 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze, if desired.
- Quick Cream Cheese Breakfast Cake: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Pour batter into a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan. Stir together 3 oz. cream cheese, softened, and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Dollop cream cheese mixture, 1 tsp. at a time, over batter. Sprinkle with Streusel. Proceed with recipe as directed, increasing bake time to 22 to 24 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note