I couldn't believe how quick and easy--and tasty--this is! The can opener gets a workout, but No Chopping! I always have everything I need in the pantry or the freezer; this has given us good, quick dinners when we were just too tired to make anything else. And I *love* the soup.
Quick Black Bean and Corn Soup
This Black Bean and Corn Soup recipe is a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights. One online reviwer says, "This is a wonderful soup I will make again and again."
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 17.8g
- Carbohydrate: 54.8g
- Fiber: 12.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 (15-ounce) cans organic black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat Greek-style plain yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn to pan, and sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine 2 cans of beans and broth in a blender; process until smooth. Add bean mixture, remaining can of beans, tomatoes, chile paste, and salt to corn, stirring to combine; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note