Quick Beer Bread
- 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rye flour
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour and rye flour, set aside. Heat beer, water, honey and butter until warm (100° to 110°F). Combine warm beer mixture, yeast, salt, caraway seed, garlic powder and 1 1/2 cups of flour mixture in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour mixture and enough additional all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Shape dough into a ball; place in a greased 8-inch round pan, turning to grease top. Flatten dough to fit pan. Cover; let rise in a warm, draft-free place about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Remove from pan. Brush with additional melted butter if desired. Cool on rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quick Beer Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes Like This