I thought this dish was delicious-I've made it twice now. I did not have hot paprika on hand, so I used regular paprika and upped the paprika to ~1/2 teaspoon. I also just use regular sliced white mushrooms and combined the parsley in the step when you add the green onion, etc. I thought the dish had a lot of flavor and it's even better as left overs the next day. I'm giving it 5 stars because I really don't have anything bad to say about the dish: it's delicious, quick, and easy to make.
Quick Beef Stroganoff
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 31.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 6 1/2 cups water, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1 cup lower-sodium beef broth, divided
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add noodles; cook 5 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- 2. Cut beef across the grain into 1/4-inch-wide strips; cut strips into 2-inch pieces.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Add 1 cup onion, black pepper, salt, paprika, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- 4. Combine 1/4 cup beef broth and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture, beef, remaining 3/4 cup broth, and remaining 1/2 cup water to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, green onions, and butter. Serve beef mixture over egg noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note