- 6 1/2 cups water, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1 cup lower-sodium beef broth, divided
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 357
- fat 11.1 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 31.9 g
- carbohydrate 31.9 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 80 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 457 mg
- calcium 83 mg
How to Make It
Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add noodles; cook 5 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
Cut beef across the grain into 1/4-inch-wide strips; cut strips into 2-inch pieces.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Add 1 cup onion, black pepper, salt, paprika, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
Combine 1/4 cup beef broth and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture, beef, remaining 3/4 cup broth, and remaining 1/2 cup water to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, green onions, and butter. Serve beef mixture over egg noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.