We weren't huge fans of the barbecue/marinara blend, but this would probably be great with the sauce tweaked to taste.
Quick BBQ Chicken Pizzas
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 538mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Dell'Amore)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (such as Stubb's)
- 3 (7-inch) thin pizza crusts (such as Mama Mary's)
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes or until translucent. Stir in chicken, stock, marinara, and barbecue sauce; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove pan from heat.
- 3. Spread about 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each crust; top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Place pizzas directly on oven rack; bake at 450° for 9 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with green onions and pepper. Cut each pizza into 4 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note