OMG! So good! But I have a feeling it depends on the quality of ingredients used. We used Stubb's bbq sauce, and Ragu roasted garlic sauce. I also found this local pita to use instead of thin pizza crusts. The pita really made the pizzas amazing! My family loved, loved them!
Quick BBQ Chicken Pizzas
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 538mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Dell'Amore)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (such as Stubb's)
- 3 (7-inch) thin pizza crusts (such as Mama Mary's)
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes or until translucent. Stir in chicken, stock, marinara, and barbecue sauce; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove pan from heat.
- 3. Spread about 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each crust; top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Place pizzas directly on oven rack; bake at 450° for 9 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with green onions and pepper. Cut each pizza into 4 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note