Quick Angel Hair with Basil Cream for One
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 ounce(s) Angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) Sweet onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic minced
- 2/3 cup(s) Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh basil chopped
- 1 pinch(s) Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Once done, set aside 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander in the sink. Keep warm. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook for 3 minutes, then stir in the garlic, and continue cooking until the onion has softened and turned translucent, 1-2 minutes more. Pour in the heavy cream, and stir in the parmesan cheese, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 2 minutes. Dilute with the reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick for your taste. Pour the sauce over the angel hair pasta to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinSessions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quick Angel Hair with Basil Cream for One Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes