I love it.... so easy, My salsa allready had the onions, and cilintro. I would serve it for a get together at my house, with napkins.
Quick-and-Zesty Refried Bean Dip
This easy refried bean dip makes for a delicious, healthy appetizer. Once it's hot, stir in shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cilantro, and serve with your choice of tortilla chips.
Yield: 1 3/4 cups (serving size: 1 tablespoon).
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 18
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 2.6g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 73mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons bottled salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add cilantro and cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quick-and-Zesty Refried Bean Dip Recipe at a Glance