Quick and Creamy Vegetarian Lasagna
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) mushrooms, preferably baby bella sliced
- 2 quart(s) tap water hot
- 15 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 package(s) frozen chopped spinach thawed, squeezed dry
- pepper freshly ground
- 12 ounce(s) cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 26 ounce(s) marinara pasta sauce
- 1 pound(s) part-skim or whole-milk mozzarella cheese grated
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; preheat to 400 degree F. Heat oil in large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, until tender and browned, 7-10 minutes. Meanwhile dissolve 1-1/2 tbs salt in hot water in 13"x9" baking dish. Add noodles; soak until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain in colander.
- 2. To mushrooms, add spinach; cook, stirring, and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste until hot, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Stir in 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of broth, and basil. Mix remaining cream cheese with remaining broth in small bowl: reserve.
- 3. To assemble, spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce over bottom of smae baking dish, then assemble 4 layers of each of following:
- 3 lasagna noodles
- 1 scant cup of marinara
- 1 scant cup mushroom filling mixture
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese
- Top with remaining 3 noodles, cream cheese-broth mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Coat one side of large sheet of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray. Cover baking dish with foil, coated side down. Bake until bubbly throughout, 40-60 minutes. Leaving lasagna on same rack, turn oven to broil. Remove foil. Broil until lasagna is browned, 4-5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SchellerFamily and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note