This dish, while easy and healthy needs major flavor improvement. WAY TOO BLAND, needs something spicier than paprika and pepper, excluding salt. NOT a 5 star in our family's book. Would decrease oil - saute chicken in spray and water, use healthy soup but basically needs a kick in the spice dept!
Quick & Easy Chicken, Broccoli & Brown Rice Dinner
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice *
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the soup, water, paprika and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil.
Stir the rice and broccoli in the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with additional paprika and black pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
*Cooking times vary. To insure best results, use instant whole grain brown rice.
Cost per recipe: $7.18** Cost per recipe serving: $1.80**
**Cost calculations based on July 2008 national average prices
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This