Quiche w/bacon and sausage
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) Ingredients in Preparation
- 2 pie crusts - regular size (add more ingredients for deep dish crust)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked until crisp then crumbled
- 1/2 lb. turkey breakfast sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, minced
- 8-12 oz. of shredded cheese (Swiss, Cheddar or Monterey Jack can be used, or a combination)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Prepare 2 pie crusts and place in two 8 or 9 inch deep pie pans. Cook bacon and sausage, crumble or break into pieces. Layer meats into pie pans. Place layer of shredded cheese and layer of mushrooms over meat. Beat eggs in bowl. Add cream, spices and minced onion to eggs and blend. Pour egg mixture over layers in pie shell. Additional cheese, paprika and pepper may be sprinkled over top. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- This quiche is very versatile. Vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, potato or cauliflower may be used instead of meat. Just make sure vegetables are drained well of any liquid. Chopped ham, turkey or chicken may be used in place of bacon or sausage.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Aprildris and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quiche w/bacon and sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch