OMG Looks good on a cold morning.
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Zapalowski
Quiche Lorraine--eggs, Swiss cheese and bacon baked in a pie crust--is cornerstone of any traditional brunch.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) quiche
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 8 bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Bake at 400° for 7 minutes; remove from oven.
- Cook bacon pieces in a large skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels, and crumble. Sprinkle bacon, green onions, and 1 cup cheese into prepared crust.
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients; pour mixture into crust, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and nutmeg.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This