Amazing! I used winter squash (Buttercup or kabocha) instead of mashed potatoes :)
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 373
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 747mg
- Cholesterol: 299mg
- About 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- About 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage links
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat oven to 375° with a rack in the upper third of the oven. Oil a 9- by 13-in. baking dish with 1 tbsp. oil. Drop 1/2-cup scoops of mashed potatoes into dish, spaced about 2 in. apart.
- 2. Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook sausage, turning often, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Scatter cooked sausage in pan, laying over and between potato mounds. Add spinach to frying pan and wilt, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Sprinkle spinach over sausage.
- 3. Whisk eggs together in a large bowl until broken up. Whisk in flour, baking powder, salt, thyme, and onions. Pour mixture over sausage and potatoes. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 4. Bake until potatoes are bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch