- About 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (6 oz.) mascarpone or neufchâtel (light cream) cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt cheese (see notes) or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mixed berries such as marionberries, blueberries, raspberries, and boysenberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry, huckleberry, or salal jam
- calories 351
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 4.9 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 14 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 145 mg
- cholesterol 49 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the brown sugar. With a pastry blender or fingers, cut or rub in butter to make fine crumbs. Add 1 tablespoon water and stir with a fork until evenly moistened.
Gather dough into a ball.
On a lightly floured board, roll dough into an 11-inch round. Ease dough into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable rim; if dough tears, overlap edges slightly and press to seal. Gently press dough against bottom and side of pan. Fold excess dough down and flush with pan rim; press against pan side.
Bake crust in a 325° oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
In a bowl with a mixer, beat mascarpone, yogurt cheese, lemon peel, mint, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread evenly in crust.
Arrange berries in a single layer over filling.
In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium heat, stir jam until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle over berries.
Remove pan rim and cut tart into wedges.