Quaresimali - Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) hazelnuts, coarsely chopped & toasted
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease two large baking sheets.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir in the hazelnuts. Beat the eggs and add it to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Divide the mixture into 6 portions.
- 3. Shape one portion of the dough into a 1 1/2 inch diameter log. Place the log onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough portions spacing the logs at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheets as they will spread when baking.
- 4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and beginning to brown slightly.
- 5. Remove from the oven but leave the oven on.. Allow the logs to rest for 10 minutes then transfer the logs to a cutting board and cut the logs diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- 6. Place the slices back on the baking sheets. Bake until crisp and brown, about 10 minutes.
- 7. Cool the biscotti on wire racks. Store in an air-tight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quaresimali - Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies