The addition of artichoke hearts was an excellent suggestion! I used Yuengling Light beer. Skillet preparation worked well especially if you need your oven for other items for the meal. I had much of the liquid still in the pan when adding the chicken thighs back into the pan. It did not all completely cook down, but I used as a sauce over the noodles. Also, I could not find boneless thighs so I used bone-in. They worked fine. I served with lime-mint asparagus: saute' asparagus in a small amount of oil for 5 min. tunring often; then sprinkle with chpd mint & squeeze 1 t. of fresh squeezed lime juice over asparagus & serve... very good!
This recipe was inspired by love for the puttanesca sauces enjoyed in restaurants over the years. The basic ingredients include garlic, onion, black olives, and seasonings. It's pretty easy an dyou usually have all of the ingredients you need to make it on hand.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 374
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.3g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 820mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 2 cups cooked medium egg noodles (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta)
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well to combine. Add chicken; seal and shake well to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onion to pan; saute 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add capers, olives, and beer; cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Serve chicken over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note