Puttanesca Sauce for Garlic Lovers
Spoon this easy, high-flavored tomato sauce over mounds of your favorite hot cooked pasta.
Yield: Yield: 4 cups
- 1 cup pitted, halved ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) jar capers, drained
- 8 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 3 cups quartered plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add tomato, pesto, and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments