- 4 cups purslane leaves and tender stems
- 4 cups loosely packed butter lettuce leaves
- 1 cup torn frisee
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced Persian or seedless cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped peppermint* or 3 tbsp. spearmint
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. aleppo or red chile flakes
- calories 67
- caloriesfromfat 52 %
- protein 2.9 g
- fat 4 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 6.6 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 229 mg
- cholesterol 1.3 mg
How to Make It
Put purslane, butter lettuce, frisée, cucumber, and mint in a large serving bowl.
Sprinkle garlic with salt, then mash into a paste with the flat side of a chef's knife. Scrape paste into a bowl and whisk with oil, yogurt, and chile flakes.
Pour dressing over greens and toss gently but thoroughly.
* Peppermint is much stronger than the common grocery-store spearmint, with darker, more elongated leaves and purplish stems. Find it at well-stocked grocery stores (or grow your own).