Purple Flash Spinach Salad
Notes: Other purple-blue flowers you can use include borage, chive, and sage. Rinse and drain flowers. Pull petals from dianthus, and blossoms from rosemary and lavender.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 94
- Calories from fat: 83%
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 51mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 quarts (6 to 8 oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons rosemary blossoms
- 1 cup purple or pink dianthus petals
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh lavender blossoms (see notes) or 2 1/4 teaspoons dried lavender
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, shake or stir almonds until golden, about 3 minutes. Pour from pan into a wide shallow bowl.
- 2. To bowl, add oil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, and mustard; mix.
- 3. Add spinach, rosemary blossoms, dianthus petals, and lavender. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads