- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 quarts (6 to 8 oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons rosemary blossoms
- 1 cup purple or pink dianthus petals
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh lavender blossoms (see notes) or 2 1/4 teaspoons dried lavender
- Salt and pepper
- calories 94
- caloriesfromfat 83 %
- protein 2.6 g
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 1 g
- carbohydrate 3.1 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 51 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, shake or stir almonds until golden, about 3 minutes. Pour from pan into a wide shallow bowl.
To bowl, add oil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, and mustard; mix.
Add spinach, rosemary blossoms, dianthus petals, and lavender. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.