Pureed Yams with Pears and Tangerine Juice
Photo: David Tsay; Styling: Dani Fisher
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 3 to 4 pounds yams
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 ripe medium pears, peeled, quartered, and cored
- 1/2 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Prick yams with a fork several times, and place on a cooking sheet. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until soft to the touch.
- 2. Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan with water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Add pears, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- 3. Cool yams slightly; cut in half lengthwise, and scoop flesh into a food processor, discarding skins. Process yams, pears, tangerine juice, and remaining ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish, and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine