Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) parsnips peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt plus more for boiling
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup(s) unsalted butter melted plus more melted for top
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) Madeira
- 2 tablespoon(s) Coarse dry breadcrumbs or finely chopped nuts
- STEP 1
- Place parsnips in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Generously salt water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer; simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- STEP 2
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree parsnips in a food processor or food mill. If using a processor, take care not to overprocess or they will become gluey.
- STEP 3
- Transfer pureed parsnips to a large bowl; whisk in salt, sugar, melted butter, heavy cream, and Madeira.
- STEP 4
- Spoon parsnip mixture into a 1-quart baking dish. Dot top with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs or chopped nuts. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Verity and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note