Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) parsnips peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt plus more for boiling
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup(s) unsalted butter melted plus more melted for top
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) Madeira
- 2 tablespoon(s) Coarse dry breadcrumbs or finely chopped nuts
- STEP 1
- Place parsnips in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Generously salt water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer; simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- STEP 2
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree parsnips in a food processor or food mill. If using a processor, take care not to overprocess or they will become gluey.
- STEP 3
- Transfer pureed parsnips to a large bowl; whisk in salt, sugar, melted butter, heavy cream, and Madeira.
- STEP 4
- Spoon parsnip mixture into a 1-quart baking dish. Dot top with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs or chopped nuts. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Verity and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes