Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Folks line up for these plump, yummy cookies, oozing with creamy filling. Volunteers from the Federated Church of Marlborough, New Hampshire make them for the Keene Pumpkin Festival.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Spice Island Pure Vanilla Extract
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, applesauce, & vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Flourchild60 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note