Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake
Community Recipe from
- Pumpkin Cake
- 1 cup(s) butter at room temperature
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cup(s) pureed leftover pumpkin or canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- Tres Leches
- 1 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 cup(s) sweetend condensed milk
- 2 cup(s) whipped topping
- powdered cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven at 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or one 9x13 rectangular cake pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, add butter and sugar and use an electric mixer to combine. Then, add the eggs, one by one, the vanilla extract, the pumpkin and the sour cream while still mixing.
- 3. In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, ground cloves, ginger, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Add half to the batter and mix, until well combined. Add the second half and mix on medium-high speed for two more minutes.
- 4. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5. While the cake is in the oven, mix the evaporated, sweetened condensed milk and half and half in a bowl. This will be the tres leches that will be poured on top of the finished cake.
- 6. When the cake is ready, let it cool in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes and poke it generously with a fork. Make sure to get the sides and corners as well.
- 7. Pour the tres leches mixture on the cake, cover with plastic wrap and let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour. When ready to eat, add the whipped topping to the top of the cake and sprinkle with cinnamon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts